Playwork: Principles into Practice (P3)
Play Wales has worked with partners to review and update the Playwork: Principles into Practice (P3) qualifications. The new qualifications have been developed with Agored Cymru as the Awarding Body and our development and delivery partners, Addysg Oedolion Cymru | Adult Learning Wales.
The new level 2 and level 3 qualifications have been designed to meet the requirements of face-to-face playworkers and have been based on sector feedback.
There are a number of factors that make P3 a unique qualification:
- All P3 trainers are occupationally competent playworkers and qualified playwork trainers who have completed the bespoke accredited Award in Delivering Dynamic Playwork Practice (ADDaPT).
- P3 is structured in building blocks, each qualification builds on the knowledge of the one before and forms the entry requirement for the next qualification. This ensures learners gain the playwork knowledge they need in a progressive way.
- P3 is a blend of theory and practice: learners will be able to explain what they do and why they do it and are expected to put into practice what they have learnt.
- P3 contains a whole unit on practical playwork skills including structure building, rope work and using fire.
- The P3 course materials have been written, designed and edited by some of the UK’s leading playwork experts.
P3 is on the Qualifications in Wales framework and so is approved by the Welsh qualifications regulator, Qualifications Wales. Teaching, learning resources and assessment are all available bilingually.
We want you to have a positive experience and get as much as possible out of your course.Raising awareness of children and young people's need and right to play and to promote good practice at every level of decision making and in every place where children might play."
- Play Wales
P3 consists of three qualifications:
- Agored Cymru Level 2 Award in Playwork Practice (L2APP)
- Agored Cymru Level 2 Certificate Playwork: Principles into Practice (Level 2 P3)
- Agored Cymru Level 3 Diploma Playwork: Principles into Practice (Level 3 P3).
To register your interest in hosting or undertaking a course in your area/organisation please complete the application form on the course page. Please reference the below before applying.Search Playwork Courses
Reasons to Learn with us
- Boost your confidence
- Discover a new skill
- Open doors to new opportunities
- Reignite a passion
- Improve your wellbeing
- Make plenty of new friends
- Be a part of your local community
- Become more active and outgoing
- Learn new and different skills