Wednesday 09:30- 12:00 | 12 weeks
This is a tutor-led online course
OverviewDo you have an interest in graphic design and would like to learn traditional techniques to improve your design skills? These informal, online graphic design workshops are for beginners who want to learn the steps to developing their design skills.
ContentThe workshops will cover aspects of graphic design techniques and materials – whilst at the same time advancing your design skills in a supportive and friendly online environment where you will gain knowledge and experience of the range of techniques and materials which can be used in graphic design. The course covers themes such as:
• Graphic design history and types
• Lettering and typography
• Laying out designs for posters, book jackets and CDs
• Logo design
• How illustration is used alongside graphics
QualificationCompletion of this course does not result in a qualification.
Entry RequirementsThis course is for beginners to graphic design. No previous experience is needed and there are no formal entry requirements.
Career PathThis course could lead on to a more in-depth course which may be accredited.
What Do I Need?As this is an online course you will need the following:
• access to a laptop or a computer with a camera, microphone and headphones - this course is not suitable for tablet computers e.g. iPads
• internet access
• Graphic design materials (there may be a small grant available depending on eligibility)
We encourage and welcome correspondence and phone calls in Welsh and will respond to your language choice