Learning to Draw
Learning to Draw
Wednesday 09:30- 12:00 | 12 weeks
This is a tutor-led online course
OverviewDo you have an interest in drawing and would like to learn traditional techniques to improve your drawing skills? These informal, online drawing workshops are for beginners who want to learn the steps to developing their drawing skills.
ContentThe workshops will cover most aspects of drawing techniques and materials – whilst at the same time advancing your art skills in a supportive and friendly online environment where you will gain knowledge and experience of the range of techniques and materials which can be used in drawing.
The drawing course covers themes such as:
• Hatching, stippling, shading, gradation
• Blending to produce realistic shapes and shadows
• Pencil, charcoal and graphite pencils, pen and ink
• Coloured pencils and pastel pencils
• The different types of erasers and drawing surfaces
QualificationCompletion of this course does not result in a recognised qualification.
However you would receive a certificate of completion from us which would be available to download from your MyAccount.
Entry RequirementsThis course is for beginners to drawing. No previous experience is needed and there are no formal entry requirements.
Career PathThis course could lead on to a more in-depth course that may be accredited.
What Do I Need?As this is an online course, you would need the following:
• internet access
• access to a laptop or computer with a web camera and microphone; the use of headphones might also be of benefit
• use of the Chrome web-browser where possible
Please note that our online courses require the use of Microsoft Office 365 apps and our virtual learning environment, Moodle. Once enrolled on a course with us, we provide free access to these services.
We encourage and welcome correspondence and phone calls in Welsh and will respond to your language choice