Thursday 18:00- 20:00 | 5 weeks
This is a tutor-led online course
OverviewInterview skills will help build your confidence and be prepared for an interview.
During this course you will:-
• Explore your own personal strengths and identify areas where you need to improve upon
• Gain a greater understanding of what employers want from you and how to meet their expectations
• Look at how to make great first and lasting impressions
• Learn about appropriate dress, body language, why company research and knowing the job spec is vital
• Perform mock interviews with typical interview questions, which will be carried out in small friendly
• Receive feedback and have the opportunity for further practice to ensure you improve and build your
ContentPersonal strengths and weaknesses: Identify what skills you have and what you need to improve on.
Making a good first impression: arriving on time, appropriate dress, body language.
Lasting impressions: company research, standing out from the crowd
Interview practice: Practice your interview skills in small friendly groups and receive honest constructive feedback in order to improve
QualificationCompletion of this course does not result in a recognised qualification.
However you would receive a certificate of completion from us which would be available to download from your MyAccount.
Entry RequirementsThere are no formal entry requirements or experience needed for this course.
Career PathOption to enrol on other courses to improve employability skills and literacy/numeracy.
What Do I Need?As this is an online course, you would need the following:
• internet access
• access to a laptop or computer with a web camera and microphone; the use of headphones might also be of benefit
• use of the Chrome web-browser where possible
Please note that our online courses require the use of Microsoft Office 365 apps and our virtual learning environment, Moodle. Once enrolled on a course with us, we provide free access to these services.
We encourage and welcome correspondence and phone calls in Welsh and will respond to your language choice