It's Hot! Look after yourself18-July-2022
We have seen over the past week or so, an increase in temperatures with record breaking temperatures in certain areas. Whilst it’s lovely to have some wonderful weather, there are health risks to prolonged heat.
Tips for keeping cool:
• Keep hydrated – make sure your taking on fluids and avoid excess alcohol
• Close curtains / blinds on rooms that face the sun to keep indoor spaces cooler and remember it may be cooler outdoors than indoors
• Try to keep out of the sun between 11am to 3pm
• Walk in the shade, apply sunscreen regularly and wear a wide brimmed hat, if you have to go out in the heat
• Avoid exercising in the hottest parts of the day
• Make sure you take water with you, if you are travelling
Also look after those who are most at risk and who may struggle to keep themselves cool and hydrated:
• Older people
• Those with underlying condition
• Babies and young children
For more information on how to stay cool:
Enjoy the sun, but importantly look after yourselves!